Friday, August 04, 2006

I had a bad day

Luckily nobody was hurt. I was driving from a meeting to an English class Thursday evening and was involved in a car accident. As I was driving a car started to pull out in front of me. I looked at that car for a second to see what it was going to do. When I looked back forward the car in front of me had stopped to turn. I did not have room to stop myself so I swerved up onto the sidewalk to avoid the car. Unfortunately there was a curb and metal pole waiting for me. It destroyed the front left side of my car.


The story does get better from there. The man I almost hit was very kind and took me into his office to wait for the police. Also, I was 2 hours from home and worried that my Japanese was not going to cut it. Amazingly, my pastor and his wife were shopping about 10 minutes away, so I called them and they came to help out. We resolved everything with the police and I was driven home late last night. My car was totaled in the accident. So Asian Access and I are in the process of deciding what to do about transportation. Please pray that I would not spend too much time beating myself up, and that everything will be resolved quickly.

3 Comments:

Blogger B & C said...

robert, we're sorry this happened, but we're really glad that you're not injured...thinking of you.

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I had no idea. Sorry to hear that the P__ is no longer running. I am glad you are alright though. I wish I would have had time to talk this morning. Sorry about that. I am praying for you!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Sommer West, MPH said...

It's okay Rob. I'm sorry that happened.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home